Lack of attendance at DMACC event a sign of complacency
To the editor:
This past Thursday morning, DMACC sponsored a one-hour program related to the Second Amendment of our Constitution, and on the right to bear arms. It was tied in with the annual Constitution Day.
I was shocked at the lack of people in attendance. It would appear that many people in our community would have been on hand related to this very controversial subject. Retirees who many times voice intense interest on the subject stayed away by the hundreds.
Given good coverage in the Daily News, it was not a matter of not knowing about this program that covered both sides of the issue. It is really sad that complacency and apathy tends to set in related to informational programs such as this.
Don’t you wonder why?
Great little booklets containing the Declaratio of Independence and our Constitution were free for the taking. They are no doubt still available merely by stopping at DMACC’s front office.
Most Recent Comment
More Letters to the Editor News
- Former NHS recordholder applauds new mark makers
- Des Moines' claims to Iowa Speedway are underhanded
- College educator responds to Berg reading proficiency report
- Adjutant General of Iowa National Guard issues Thanksgiving message
- Thank-you to good samaritan