Monroe blood drive set for Jan. 12
Every two seconds, someone somewhere needs blood. During the winter months, the need for blood is constant; however, poor weather conditions can make it challenging for donors to give blood.
In an effort to boost the blood supply during the winter months, January has been designated as National Blood Donor Month to encourage donors to donate during this critical time of year. In Jasper County, a blood drive is planned for 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, at the United Methodist Church at 407 N. Monroe in Monroe. Eligible blood donors must be at least 16 years old, should weigh at least 120 pounds and should be in general good health. For more information or to schedule an appointment to donate blood, call (800) 287-4903 or visit www.lifeservebloodcenter.org.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton