Monroe blood drive set for Jan. 12
Every two seconds, someone somewhere needs blood. During the winter months, the need for blood is constant; however, poor weather conditions can make it challenging for donors to give blood.
In an effort to boost the blood supply during the winter months, January has been designated as National Blood Donor Month to encourage donors to donate during this critical time of year. In Jasper County, a blood drive is planned for 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, at the United Methodist Church at 407 N. Monroe in Monroe. Eligible blood donors must be at least 16 years old, should weigh at least 120 pounds and should be in general good health. For more information or to schedule an appointment to donate blood, call (800) 287-4903 or visit www.lifeservebloodcenter.org.
More Local News
- Red Birds excelling at robotics
- YMCA honors donation with sculpture dedication
- Big bike show, 'no rules' drag racing on tap at Iowa Grand Motorcycle Rally
- Brown's Shoe Fit Co leaving Newton after nearly six decades
- Project IOWA looking for 12 lives to change in Jasper County