Stewardship Day at Neal Smith to honor ‘Ding’ Darling
The Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge is planning a stewardship activities day in honor of Iowa conservationist J.N. “Ding” Darling.
The event is planned for 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 13. Volunteers will collect prairie seeds in a community effort to restore the tallgrass prairie ecosystem. Volunteers should meet at the Prairie Learning Center. After the event, a free lunch will be provided by Friends of the Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge. Bring a water bottle, sturdy shoes and long pants.
J.N. “Ding” Darling was a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist who drew political cartoons and wrote stories that positively influenced public opinion about conservation issues.
To register for the event, call Megan Wandag at (515) 994-3400, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Local News
- NPD launches Travelin' Traffic Ace XVII
- Corvette brings friends back together
- Local man reprimands council on nuisance ordinances
- Former Cardinal in competetion for concert
- Fishing, hunting classes set for summer