CLIVE – Among the field of 12 young women vying for the title of 2013 Iowa Pork Queen during this week’s Iowa Pork Congress is Breanna Brandenhorst of Prairie City.
The Iowa Pork Queen, Pork Princess and Premier Pork Youth Ambassador will be selected from a field of 17 young women and men on Wednesday.
The new queen, princess and youth ambassador will represent the Iowa pork industry throughout the year at various promotional and educational events around the state and the country.
The queen and youth ambassador each receive a $2,000 college scholarship from the Iowa Pork Producers Association while the princess will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
Winners will be selected and introduced during the 41st annual Iowa Pork Congress Banquet on Jan. 23 at the Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center in Des Moines
More State News
- Iowa flood buyouts could cost millions extra
- Iowa cities bypass state to halt payday lenders
- Iowa charge: Mom left baby in car during workout
- Iowa man says he was using mower to chase gopher
- Autopsy set in investigation of Polk County crash