Wildflower Walks at Lake Red Rock
The public is invited to join a park ranger for a leisurely walk along the Lake Red Rock North Overlook Nature Trail to look for signs of spring.
Wildflowers will be the highlight as participants search for Jack-in-the Pulpit, Dutchman’s Breeches, Rue Anemone, Virginia Bluebells and other jewels of the forest. Walks are planned for 8:30 p.m. Monday and 11 a.m. Sunday, May 5. Meet at the North Overlook Picnic Area.
Programs are free of charge, and no registration is needed. Activities will be canceled if raining. For more information, contact the Corps of Engineers office at (641) 828-7522 or (641) 628-8690.
More Local News
- Pappy's Antique Mall to close on Sunday
- Ladies show love for the courthouse lights
- Berg teacher wins drawing
- Mojo Cycling donates to St. Nick's
- Young patriots honored by VFW Ladies' Auxiliary