Newton Police Department
• A 13-year-old Newton female was charged with fourth-degree theft after authorities investigated a complaint of a missing iPhone reported at 6:33 p.m. Jan. 24. During the investigation, the victim identified the 13-year-old as a suspect, and the girl was found in possession of the phone, which was valued at $449. She was charged Wednesday and referred to juvenile court services.
• Kristie K. Blackburn, 43, of Newton was arrested at 10:34 p.m. Tuesday at 308 E. Eighth Street North after Newton police were notified that she was wanted on a Johnson County warrant for failure to appear for a show cause hearing on drug charges. She was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
• Shawn M. Cupples, 17, of Kellogg was charged with fifth-degree theft after authorities responded to a shoplifting complaint at 6:44 p.m. Saturday at Walmart. Cupples was charged for allegedly taking three DVDs out of cases and concealing them with a total value of $43.88. He was charged and referred to juvenile court services.
• Timothy D. Jacobs, 25, of Newton was arrested at 12:02 a.m. Wednesday at his residence at 1803 First Ave. E. #6 after local authorities received notification that he was wanted on a warrant from the Urbandale Police Department. He was transported to Colfax to be turned over to Urbandale police.
• Joshua J. White, 28, of Newton was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, interference with official acts and driving while license barred after being stopped at 2:06 a.m. Tuesday in the 2800 block of North Fourth Avenue East for an equipment violation. He was given a warning for having an inoperable tail light and charged for allegedly driving without a valid driver's license, having a glass methamphetamine pipe and syringe and giving officers a different name. He was transported to the Jasper County Jail.
A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty. It is the policy of the Newton Daily News to release the names of individuals charged with a crime who are 16 and older.