Kansas women beat Iowa State in overtime
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Angel Goodrich forced overtime with a 3-pointer with 16 seconds left in regulation, then scored seven of her team’s 13 points in the extra session, as Kansas erased an 18-point second-half deficit Wednesday night and stunned No. 23 Iowa State 78-75.
Iowa State looked to have the game in hand after Anna Prins’ layup gave the Cyclones (14-5, 5-4 Big 12) a 55-37 lead with 8:56 left. But the Jayhawks (13-6, 4-4) outscored ISU 28-10 the rest of regulation, capping the comeback with Goodrich’s 3-pointer.
In overtime, Goodrich — who finished with 24 points, 10 assists and five steals — made a jumper and a 3-pointer before hitting two free throws to help seal the win.
Natalie Knight added 21 points and Carolyn Davis had 15 for Kansas. Brynn Williamson scored 19 points forIowa State, while Hallie Christofferson added 18 and Chelsea Poppens had 12 points and 12 rebounds.
More College News
- Drake Women’s Basketball Head Coach Attends Elite WBCA Program
- ISU's Saina wins 10,000 meter run
- Stephenson out after 36 season at Wichita State
- Penn St. hoping to get relief from penalties
- Ohio State President Gee to retire after remark