Entries for Federal Junior Duck Stamp Contest due March 15
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is accepting entries for the 2013 Federal Junior Duck Stamp Contest, which in Iowa is administered by Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge.
Entries for the contest must be postmarked by March 15 and mailed to Neal Smith NWR, P.O. Box 399, 9981 Pacific Street, Prairie City, IA 50228.
All students in kindergarten through 12th grades are eligible to participate in the contest. Participation in the contest is a great way for students to learn about waterfowl, wetlands and conservation while applying their artistic skills. A downloadable entry form and information about the contest, including rules and regulations can be found online at www.fws.gov/juniorduck.
For more information, or for questions regarding participation in the contest, contact Doreen Van Ryswyk at (515) 994-3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Local News
- Basics students and teacher support NCRC test
- And they're off: Local vets depart to D.C. for final Freedom Flight
- Council waives third reading, passes Nuisance Ordinance amendment
- Memorial Day Picnic in Colfax
- Art on display at Uncle Nancy's