Councilor thanks citizens for engaging in discussion
To the editor:
I want to thank the citizens who shared comments on Newton’s animal protection and control ordinance at the Newton City Council meeting this week. The comments were thoughtful and well presented.
I cannot imagine how difficult it was for Cora and Laurie especially to share and relive the terrifying experiences they had with dangerous uncontrolled dogs.
Every person shared concern about the safety of citizens if we do not strengthen Newton’s animal regulations.
Thank you for participating in a meaningful discussion. Your comments made me realize how important it was to support approving proposed changes to the vicious dog ordinance, making the changes effective as soon as possible and continuing to look for additional ways of protecting our residents and visitors from uncontrolled and dangerous pets.
Newton’s Second Ward
More Letters to the Editor News
- Reader opposes merger of Speedway, Prairie Fire TIF districts
- Thank you to volunteer guards at Wall That Heals
- Don't miss Fred Maytag Park
- Thank you to Boy Scouts for Memorial Day preparations
- Disappointed for the Iowa Veterans Home