Landfill budget workshop Jan. 29
The Newton Sanitary Landfill budget workshop will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29, at Newton Public Works, 1700 N. Fourth Ave. W.
Agenda items include member review of recycling programs and other efforts to reduce solid waste buried at the landfill as required by the comprehensive plan; recap of 2012; proposed landfill capital improvement projects and equipment; proposed 2012-2013 landfill operating budget; projected revenues, expenses and fund balances; closure/post-closure balances; long-range fund balance projects; year-end tonnage summary; possible sale of fill material to Newton Water Works for construction of a flood protection berm at the water treatment plant; and tipping fee rate adjustment.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton