Omaha woman gets prison for spa prostitution ring
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Federal prosecutors say an Omaha woman who used spas as fronts for prostitution has been sentenced to prison.
U.S. District Judge Laurie Smith Camp sentenced 46-year-old Kimberly Bivens on Wednesday to more than three years in federal prison, followed by three years of supervised release.
Bivens pleaded guilty to an interstate prostitution conspiracy charge.
Bivens operated three Omaha spas from 2009 to 2011 and placed ads on the Internet. An FBI and Omaha Police Department investigation found 20 workers were performing sex acts for paying customers.
More Nation & World News
- Pearl Harbor survivor thrives meeting visitors
- Newtown to release 911 calls from school shooting
- Heavy snowfall in north Nebraska, northwest Iowa
- Americans turn to mobile devices for Cyber Monday
- S&P 500 gains for 8th straight week