Local organizations offering leadership development class
The Newton Development Corporation is collaborating with the Jasper County Economic Development Corporation and DMACC to offer the Jasper County Leader Development Class again in 2013.
Evelyn George will teach six of the eight sessions and Buzz Hoffman a certified “Real Colors” instructor will teach the Colors classes.
The class will meet each Tuesday evening for two hours from Feb. 19 through April 16. No class will be held the week of March 19. Tuition is $219, and the Jasper Community Foundation will reimburse half of the tuition cost for eligible participants who successfully complete the program. Individuals must live or work in Jasper County to be able to enroll in the leader development class.
Frank Liebl, executive director of NDC, says this class offers participants a chance to learn more about their community, and themselves and to interact with other participants.
“We need future leaders to step forward, and become more involved in their respective communities,” Liebl said.
The course schedule is as follows:
• Feb. 19 — Introduction to Course/Economic Development
• Feb. 26 — County Government & Services
• Mar 5th & 12th — “Real Colors”
• Mar. 19 — No Class
• Mar. 26 — City Government
• April 2 — Education & Workforce Development
• April 9 — Health and Human Services
• April 16 — Graduation & Course Evaluation
Registration and payment are required by Tuesday, Feb. 5. Call DMACC at (515) 964-6800 or (800) 342-0033 and give them the Course Reference Number 27146.
For more information about the Jasper County Leader Development program, go to www.newtondevelopmentcorporation.com.
More Local News
- Local vets couldn't miss final Freedom Flight
- Thunder Nites benefits O'Brien family, local economy
- Council gives OK to amended development agreement for Iowa Speedway
- Council to discuss Main Street Iowa application
- Eilander testifies in his own defense on second day of trial