Kelly changes mind, jumps to NFL with Eagles
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — In the end, Chip Kelly chose the NFL, giving the Eagles their guy.
Philadelphia hired Kelly just 10 days after he decided to stay at Oregon. The 49-year-old Kelly, known as an offensive innovator, becomes the 21st coach in team history and replaces Andy Reid, who was fired on Dec. 31 after a 4-12 season.
He’ll be introduced at a news conference Thursday at 1:30 p.m. at the Eagles’ practice facility.
More Professional News
- James unanimous first team All-NBA selection
- HOF goalie Roy returning to coach Avalanche
- Ryan Palmer leads at Colonial after 62
- Chicago Bears linebacker Urlacher retires
- Sergio Garcia apologizes for insensitive remark