Teen accused of attempted murder in Iowa car chase
LEON (AP) — An Iowa teenager accused of shooting at several law enforcement officers has been charged with attempted murder.
The state Department of Public Safety says the 16-year-old boy faces two counts of attempted murder after leading authorities on two pursuits in south-central Iowa. Additional charges are pending.
Officials say the boy evaded arrest Tuesday morning after a short pursuit involving a county deputy. State troopers and other local authorities later joined a second chase that ended near Leon.
Officials say the boy shot several rounds from his weapon and struck two enforcement vehicles. Some officers were transported for medical treatment with non-life-threatening injuries.
The boy fled on foot. He was later found in a rural farm house and arrested without incident.
More State News
- Iowa DNR warns paddlers about cold water, debris
- USDA: Despite late start, record corn crop likely
- Iowa soybean farmers prepared to plant once conditions dry up
- USDA: Corn plantings pick up, but still behind
- Oskaloosa Ready To Pick Newest Restaurant