Authorities find woman’s body while investigating kidnapping
EARLY (AP) — Police in western Iowa discovered the body of a woman while investigating the apparent kidnapping of another woman.
The Sac County sheriff’s office says authorities received a call about 8 a.m. Thursday after someone encountered a 21-year-old woman trying to run from a vehicle and claiming she had been kidnapped. After talking with the woman, deputies found a suspect hiding in a nearby barn.
Deputies arrested 21-year-old Kirk Riley Levin. He was being held Thursday night at the Sac County Jail on charges of assault with intent to commit sexual assault, assault while participating in a felony and third degree kidnapping.
While investigating the matter, authorities found the body of another woman near Early. Her name has not been released.
More State News
- About 750 Iowans enrolled in marketplace plans
- Seven flee Des Moines house after basement fire erupts
- ISU survey shows 5.1 pct hike in farmland values
- Attorneys general warn FDA of new painkiller risks
- Records show more seclusion at Iowa Juvenile Home