Iowa’s ‘Field of Dreams’ movie site sale completed
DYERSVILLE (AP) — The purchase of the “Field of Dreams” movie site in eastern Iowa has been completed.
The investors group Go the Distance Baseball LLC says it closed last week on the deal reached with owners Don and Becky Lansing. The final price was $3.4 million plus interest. It was listed for $5.4 million more than two years ago when it went on the market.
Go the Distance plans to transform the Dyersville landmark into All-Star Ballpark Heaven, a 24-field youth baseball and softball tournament complex.
Construction is expected to begin this spring, with the first tournament games scheduled for 2014.
More State News
- About 750 Iowans enrolled in marketplace plans
- Seven flee Des Moines house after basement fire erupts
- ISU survey shows 5.1 pct hike in farmland values
- Attorneys general warn FDA of new painkiller risks
- Records show more seclusion at Iowa Juvenile Home