Jerry and Emily Ehler hosted the Barrett Homemakers Christmas potluck dinner for the group’s December meeting. A delicious and varied lunch was served at noon to 11 members and six guests. Guests included the following husbands: Stanley Ashby, Louis Klemm, Ray Tininenko, Dennis Van Maanen, Larry Wood and Jerry Ehler.
Secretary Emily Ehler passed out the Barrett Homemakers Club books for the coming year. A card was signed by Maxine Deppe, a member who now resides at Grandview Heights in Marshalltown.
Members answered questions about Christmas songs and received a gift. The men enjoyed playing cards.
A Pandora coffee time was served in the afternoon with many goodies brought by the members.
The January meeting will be held at the First Street Bistro at Park Centre at 11:30 a.m. Jan. 9.
More Local News
- 'Armour for Champions' to meet at CMA
- JMAX Theater evolves as resource for First UMC
- First United Methodist to honor graduates at service
- Congregational UCC to host showing of ‘Bully’ movie
- Sacred Heart Cemetery Memorial Day Service