Snowshoeing event planned for Sunday at wildlife refuge
The Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge will host a snowshoe hike from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday.
The event is free and open to the public of all ages and experience levels. Snowshoes in adult and children’s sizes are provided by the refuge at no cost, or participants may bring their own.
During this program, a ranger will provide instructions about how to use snowshoes. Then a naturalist will guide participants on a snowshoeing adventure through the winter prairie landscape.
Those interested should register for the program to ensure that there are enough snowshoes and personnel. To register, contact Michelle Garcia at (515) 994-3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The next snowshoe hike program will be on Saturday, Jan. 19.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton