Snowshoeing event planned for Sunday at wildlife refuge
The Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge will host a snowshoe hike from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday.
The event is free and open to the public of all ages and experience levels. Snowshoes in adult and children’s sizes are provided by the refuge at no cost, or participants may bring their own.
During this program, a ranger will provide instructions about how to use snowshoes. Then a naturalist will guide participants on a snowshoeing adventure through the winter prairie landscape.
Those interested should register for the program to ensure that there are enough snowshoes and personnel. To register, contact Michelle Garcia at (515) 994-3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The next snowshoe hike program will be on Saturday, Jan. 19.
More Local News
- Skiff honors recipient of DAISY nursing award
- First and, so far, only female Jasper County supervisor relives those days
- 'A great day' Bishop proclaims of last Freedom Flight
- Halferty pushes back request for COPS grants
- Daughters of the American Revolution Grinnell Chapter