Des Moines residents report gun shots, bullet holes in houses
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say residents have found bullet holes in two Des Moines homes, but no injuries have been reported.
The Des Moines Register reports that three bullet holes were found in a house on Saturday evening. A resident told officers that she’d heard seven shots and told the children in the house to drop to the floor. One of the bullets penetrated a bedroom wall and one went into the living room. The third bullet didn’t penetrate into the house.
In a separate incident, two bullet holes were found in a house where a shooting was reported early Sunday morning. A resident told officers that he’d heard four shots around 3:15 a.m.
No arrests have been reported.
More State News
- Two charged in burglary of police officer's home
- Iowa Board of Regents confirms tuition freeze
- Iowa restaurant manager charged in child porn case
- Search continues for kidnapped Iowa girl, 15
- Man who kidnapped 2 Iowa girls had long record