O.P.E.N. annual meeting Sunday
The annual meeting of Newton’s sister city group, O.P.E.N. (Organization Promoting Everlasting Neighbors), will begin at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Congregational United Church of Christ, 308 E. Second St. N. in Newton.
The meeting will include the election of directors and other official business. All contributors of the corporation are invited to attend the business meeting.
O.P.E.N. welcomed a high school student in August from Smila, Ukraine, Newton’s sister city. Dmytro “Dima” Oliinyk is being hosted by Vince and Karen King and their sons, and he is attending Newton Senior High School. He is a good student and also enjoys basketball. An update in regard to his school activities will be given during the meeting.
More Local News
- Local vets couldn't miss final Freedom Flight
- Thunder Nites benefits O'Brien family, local economy
- Council gives OK to amended development agreement for Iowa Speedway
- Council to discuss Main Street Iowa application
- Eilander testifies in his own defense on second day of trial