Authorities say man found dead near Drake was homicide victim
DES MOINES (AP) — Des Moines police say a man found dead near Drake University is the victim of a homicide.
The Des Moines Register reported Tuesday that 20-year-old Nicholas White was found by his roommates Monday afternoon in their home just north of the Drake University campus.
Des Moines Police Sgt. Jason Halifax says investigators thought the death was suspicious because of factors such as how the body was positioned and the location of blood. An autopsy confirmed the death was a homicide, though police won’t give details about the cause of death or when White died.
Des Moines has had eight homicides this year.
More State News
- Dog lost after Iowa crash reunited with owner
- U. of Iowa says FEMA won't require more insurance
- Cedar Rapids pays state for trout stream fish kill
- Des Moines police say man shot at passing cars
- Farmers seeing more interest in locally grown food