Iowa marijuana legislation on horizon
DES MOINES (AP) — Bills that would decriminalize marijuana and would approve its medical use may be headed for the Iowa Legislature.
State Rep. Bruce Hunter said he is preparing a bill on decriminalizing pot possession as long as those caught with marijuana weren’t selling it. Gov. Terry Branstad has said he’ll veto bills that would legalize marijuana for any use.
More State News
- Iowa district nixes armed officers in schools
- Iowa lawmakers look to end legislative session
- Search for missing Iowa teen continues today
- Iowa House set to take up one-time spending bill
- Central Iowa police searching for teenage girl