Jasper County Veterans Affairs director arrested
The Jasper County director of Veterans Affairs has been arrested and charged with harassment, a simple misdemeanor, after Newton Police were called to a home in the 600 block of South 14th Avenue West at approximately 1:25 a.m. Wednesday.
The female caller said Christopher A. Chartier, 30, of Newton had called her repeatedly and driven past her home several times. A police spokeswoman said an officer instructed Chartier to stop calling the woman, but he called her twice more.
Police located Chartier at his residence at approximately 4:50 a.m., where he was arrested and charged. He was then transported to the Jasper County Jail. He was later released to await trial.
John Billingsley, a member of the Veterans Affairs Commission, said Chartier notified the commission of his arrest at a regular meeting later in the morning Wednesday. When contacted by the Daily News, Chartier declined to comment.
Bob Eschliman can be contacted at (641) 792-3121 ext. 423 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More Local News
- NASCAR Chairman talks about Iowa Speedway purchase
- Newton Chamber of Commerce Christmas Party celebrates, awards businesses of Newton
- Downtown churches host 18th annual Christmas Walk
- From Cardinal to Calvary Scout: Vinnie Hoskins chose to serve his country after high school
- Blood drives planned in Kellogg, Newton